Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fog on Levee Road

 
Fog On Levee Road
 
This was on the last day of my paint out in Franklin County, Indiana. The morning was still early and I had to complete at least one painting before 11:00am. I knew I wanted to paint along the Whitewater River. When I arrived there the fog was so beautiful on the distant hills. I had to hurry to capture the fog, because the sun was burning it off fast. I have never done fog on wet-on-wet before. I have glazed it on after the painting was dry, what a challenge! I think it only took me one hour to complete.
 
This painting is oil on Masonite, 6 x 8 plein air. The painting location is in Brookville, Indiana on Levee road. You can find a great painting anywhere along this road. This is one of my favorite place to paint.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment