Sunday, November 30, 2014

Hues of November


     Plein air painting at Macgregor Park

                "Hues Of November"
               Plein Air Oil 8" x 10"

It was the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and the temperature was reaching as high as 50 degrees. I invited the members of the IPAPA group to come and paint with me. One member did show up, his name was John. 

John painted a barn that was in view across the highway. I picked the trail with all the colors late autumn was showing. The wind was picking up as we were getting started. It blew my panel over and it blew John's easel over also. I helped John to secure his easel better by tieing a string on one of the legs to a pole next to the easel. 

I was happy with what I painted, but John was not finished with his. He said the sun was in his eyes, and the wind was picking up strength. It was a good spot to stop for him. I can't wait to see how it turns out later. 
                      


No comments:

Post a Comment