Friday, February 1, 2013

Palette, Brushes, & Knives




Palette, Brushes, & Knives

 

Colors that I use:

Yellows: Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cadmium Yellow medium, and Yellow Ochre

Blues: Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue, and Ultramarine

Reds:Alisarin Crimson, and Cadmium Red Light 

White: Titanium White

                                                                Black I use only with the yellows to make a more interesting green.

Brushes: My brushes are the economy brushes, I buy them from Prizm Art Supply. I don't like using expensive brushes because I sometimes forget to clean my brushes. This way it's just easier for me to go out and buy straight from the store, knowing I am not spending a lot of money on brushes.

I use a variety of knives for my paintings. This gives my paintings texture, and allows me to have more control on difficult subjects.

 

 

                                                                 

                                                                                                  Solvents and Medium:

 
          I use Odorless Turpenoid to clean my brushes. I find it better than turpentine. Turpentine has a strong order that has to be ventilated.

                                          I like using Winsor & Newton Liquin Fine Detail.
                                                    It gives me nice control over my paint.
 When the painting is dry I can take a cloth and use it as a varnish to give the painting a shine.
 

These are some of the things that I use to paint. My palette my change from time to time, or when I am out plein air painting.







No comments:

Post a Comment