Sunday, February 10, 2013

Step 3 Crows Bridge Study



                                                                    Crows Bridge Oil on canvas 14 x 18
 
 

Step 3 Crows Bridge Study

This is the final step in this study. I decided that some of the trees behind the bridge needed some variation to make them look more nature. I increased the height of  two of the trees. Then I added the front post of the bridge, and darken the underside of the bridge wall. I added vines going down the wall on the back entrance wall side on the left side of the painting. I went to the front grasses and brought them out more. When that was done, I finished up the road, by adding shadows and high lights. Then I smoothed out the water bringing in the reflections. I am now happy with the painting.
 
Look for more step by step demos on my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment